If you'd like to use Getaround to drive with Uber, you must be a registered driver with Uber directly first. Signing up is easy:
- Sign up to drive with Uber here.
- Once you've been approved to drive with Uber, you will receive a unique download link to connect Uber to your Getaround app. Remember that a Facebook account is needed to sign up for Getaround.
- Before proceeding to the next step, ensure that you're signed into your own personal Facebook or Google account on your smartphone. If you're signed into someone else's account, you won't be able to access the Drive With Uber functionality on your device.
- Tap on Link Your Account from your smartphone to download Getaround from the App Store or Google Play Store.
If you click Link Your Account from a desktop or tablet, you'll be prompted to enter your phone number.
Once you enter your cell number, you'll receive a text message inviting you to download Getaround:
- When you open the Getaround app, you'll be prompted to connect your Uber driver partner account with Getaround. Tap Merge accounts to proceed:
- When you tap Search available cars, you'll be taken to the map page in the Getaround app. Make sure you have check the button for Drive with Uber to ensure you are seeing the correct cars.
. Keep in mind that standard Getaround cars are not available to be driven with Uber. If you're booking your reservation to drive with Uber, you should only book cars listed in the Drive with Uber section of the Getaround app.
Please note: The ability to drive with Uber is currently a closed pilot and eligibility is at Uber's sole discretion.
If you are unable to go online in the Uber Driver app after signup, visit What if I'm have trouble going online in the Uber Driver app?
If you're still having issues with your Uber Driver app after signup, What if I'm having trouble with my Uber app after sign up?