Using Getaround to drive with Uber and deliver with Uber Eats is easy! Make sure you are a registered driver with Uber and have created a Getaround profile already. To create an Uber Driver account go to this page and fill out your information. Once you have created an Uber Driver account and have been approved in the Uber Driver app, you will need to link both accounts by following these steps:
- Ensure you are signed into both the Uber Driver app (as an approved driver) as well as the Getaround app.
- In the Uber Driver app, select “GO” to go online
- You will then be prompted to “Select a vehicle to get on the road”
- Click “View Rental Options”
- In the “Browse” drop down, select “Hourly Rentals”
- Select Getaround
- Select “Get Started”
- Accept the “ Vehicle Solutions data sharing terms”
- Select “Allow” for Getaround to access your Uber Driver information in order to link accounts
- You will then be routed to Getaround’s web page where you will be prompted to sign into your Getaround account if you are not already. If you do not have an account you will be prompted to create an account. See below two screenshots:
- If you already have a Getaround account, after you log in you will be prompted to merge accounts, select “Yes, merge my accounts”. Refresh the page if you are unable to get to this point. Additionally you will receive an email with a link to merge your account. Hurry! This link expires after 60 minutes. If you are unable to merge your Uber Driver and Getaround account within 60 minutes from receiving this email you will need to start the process over again from the start.
- Once you successfully merge accounts or create a new Getaround account this will bring you to the search page where you can select an Uber vehicle.
If you are having issues with seeing available Uber cars, It may be because you are physically located in a location where the Drive with Uber program is not currently available. For a list of cities with cars available for Uber click here.
Keep in mind that standard Getaround cars are not available to be driven with Uber. If you're booking your reservation to drive with Uber, you should only book cars listed in the Drive with Uber section of the Getaround app. Drive with Uber vehicles show up as black pins on the search map. If the pins on the map are not black than you are not currently viewing Uber vehicles
If you are unable to go online in the Uber Driver app after signup, visit What if I'm have trouble going online in the Uber Driver app?
If you're still having issues with your Uber Driver app after signup, What if I'm having trouble with my Uber app after sign up?