If you'd like to use Getaround to drive with Uber, you must first apply with Uber and pass their eligibility requirements for this program. Signing up is easy:
- Sign up to drive with Uber here.
- Once you've been approved to drive with Uber, you will receive a unique download link to connect Uber to your Getaround app. Remember that a Facebook account is needed to sign up for Getaround.
- Before proceeding to the next step, ensure that you're signed into your own personal Facebook account on your smartphone. If you're signed into someone else's account, you won't be able to access the Drive With Uber functionality on your device.
- Tap on Link Your Account from your smartphone to download Getaround from the App Store or Google Play Store.
If you click Link Your Account from a desktop or tablet, you'll be prompted to enter your phone number.
Once you enter your cell number, you'll receive a text message inviting you to download Getaround:
- When you open the Getaround app, you'll be prompted to connect your Uber driver partner account with Getaround. Tap Merge accounts to proceed:
- When you tap Search available cars, you'll be taken to the Drive with Uber section of the Getaround app, where you'll see a list of cars available to drive with Uber. To view the cars on a map instead, tap on the map icon on the top right:
- When you're ready to book your next Getaround car to drive with Uber, select Drive with Uber from the dropdown menu to view cars that are available to be driven with Uber:
Keep in mind that standard Getaround cars are not available to be driven with Uber. If you're booking your reservation to drive with Uber, you should only book cars listed in the Drive with Uber section of the Getaround app.
Please note: The ability to drive with Uber is currently a closed pilot and eligibility is at Uber's sole discretion.