In the event of an accident, safety is the first priority. Call 911 if anyone is hurt. Be sure to contact Getaround customer service as soon as possible. To report the claim and/or request roadside assistance press "Help" in the trip page of your Getaround mobile app.
After confirming everyone is safe please follow the steps below:
- Collect All Information at the Scene
- Describe the Incident: Write down an accurate description of the incident, including the location, date, time, and cause of the accident.
- Collect Names & Contact Information: Collect the names, phone numbers, and emails of all drivers, passengers, and witnesses at the scene.
- Collect Insurance Information: For all cars involved, note their license plate number, make, model, year, color and all driver and insurance information.
- Take Photos: Use your phone or camera to take lots of pictures of the scene of the accident and any damage to vehicles. We also ask for a photo of your Getaround car's dashboard showing mileage and any illuminated warning lights.
- Report the incident or roadside claim to Getaround by pressing "Help" in the trip page of your Getaround mobile app. A Getaround Agent will guide you through the Claims intake process and request follow-up documentation from you such as photos, insurance information of the other parties involved, etc.
- A) If the incident was on-app*, you'll also need to report the incident and file a claim via the Uber app as well
- You may review Uber’s help article here.
- B) If the incident was off-app*, there is no need to file a claim through the Uber driver partner app. Getaround will process the claim.
You can find more detailed information on what to document here.
*On-App means that you were logged in to the Uber app and any of the following: have accepted a trip, were en route to pick up a rider, or were actively/already transporting an Uber rider.
*Off-App means you had not accepted any Uber rides and were not transporting any Uber riders.