If you get into an accident during your Getaround rental, the first and most important step is to check and make sure no one is hurt - if anyone is hurt or you are unsure, dial 911 immediately.
After confirming everyone is safe please follow the steps below:
- Collect All Information at the Scene
- Describe the Incident: Write down an accurate description of the incident, including the location and cause of the accident.
- Collect Names & Contact Information: Collect the names, phone numbers, and emails of all drivers, passengers, and witnesses at the scene.
- Collect Insurance Information: For all cars involved note their license plate number, make, model, year, color and all driver and insurance information.
- Take Photos: Use your phone or camera to take lots of pictures of the scene of the accident and any damage to vehicles. We also ask for a photo of your Getaround car's dashboard showing mileage and any illuminated warning lights.
- Report the incident to Getaround by pressing "Help" in the trip page of your Getaround mobile app. A Getaround Agent will guide you through the Claims intake process and request follow-up documentation from you such as photos, insurance information of the other parties involved, etc.
- A) If the incident was on-app*, you'll also need to report the incident and file a claim via the Uber app:
- Trip and Fare Review → I was in an accident. Please share all details and Uber will be in touch.
- B) If the incident was off-app*, there is no need to file a claim through the Uber driver partner app. Getaround will process the claim.
*On-App means that you were logged in to the Uber app and and had accepted a trip, were en route to pick up a rider, or were already transporting an Uber rider.
*Off-App means you had not accepted any Uber rides and were not transporting any Uber riders.