The car’s lockbox contains everything you need to get on your way. To open the lockbox, you’ll need to use a 4-digit access code available in the car’s pickup instructions. The instructions can be viewed in the Getaround app, your Trips Page on the web, or in the confirmation email.
Starting Your Trip
Once you have unlocked the car using the Getaround app you will find the lockbox under the front passenger seat. Instructions for opening are displayed on the inside flap. Inside you should find
- The car key
- Insurance card
- The parking pass for a garage or surface lot (If applicable)
- If the key or insurance card are missing please give us a call at 1-866-GETAROUND(438-2768).
Instructions for opening are displayed on the inside flap.
During your trip, keep the car key with you and not in the lockbox. Leave the lockbox under the front passenger seat until your trip ends.
Ending Your Trip
In addition to your normal responsibilities when returning a car, we ask that you follow these additional steps for cars with a lockbox:
- Return all items to the lockbox, including the car key, insurance card, and, if applicable, a parking pass. If the car key came in RF pouch, remember to put the key back in the RF pouch before returning it to the lockbox.
- Securely close the lockbox by repeating the instructions for accessing the lockbox from the top. Note: You must re-enter the vehicle’s specific four-digit access code before you can close the lockbox.
- Return the lockbox under the seat. Place the lockbox back under the front passenger seat, and make sure that the lockbox is not visible to anyone looking in.
- Lock the car doors using the Getaround mobile app.