The car’s lockbox contains everything you need to get on your way. To open most lockboxes, you’ll need to use an access code. While there are many types of lockboxes, the combination will always be available in the car’s pickup instructions. The instructions can be viewed in the Getaround app, your Trips Page on the web, or in the confirmation email.
Starting Your Trip
Once you have unlocked the car using the Getaround app you will look for the lockbox. The lockbox's location, and instructions for opening it are in the app. Inside you should find...
- The car key
- The parking pass for a garage or surface lot (If applicable)
- If the key is missing please give us a call using the "Help" button on the trip page of the Getaround mobile app
During your trip, keep the car key with you and not in the lockbox.
Ending Your Trip
In addition to your normal responsibilities when returning a car, we ask that you follow these additional steps for cars with a lockbox:
- Return all items to the lockbox, including the car key, and, if applicable, a parking pass. If the car key came in RF pouch, remember to put the key back in the RF pouch before returning it to the lockbox.
- Securely close the lockbox by repeating the instructions for accessing the lockbox from the top. Note: On most models, you must re-enter the combination to lock the lockbox.
- Return the lockbox. Place the lockbox back where you found it, and make sure that the lockbox is not visible to anyone looking in through the window.
- Lock the car doors using the Getaround mobile app.