We know that parking your car on the street may pose certain challenges for you and your renters. To help you and your renters have the best carsharing experience possible, we ask that you follow the guidelines below for street-parked cars:
- Renters are responsible for relaying the location of your car upon return.
- You (the owner) are responsible for communicating any parking restrictions and/or requests for your area with your renters.
- Remember to monitor your car's calendar for new bookings and cancelations.
- Parking permits are required for all Getaround owners who do not have reserved spots and intend to street park in a permitted area.
- Parking permits for your area minimize the likelihood of renter-incurred parking tickets and tow charges.
Parking Citations, Tickets, and Violations
- Renters are only responsible for parking-related violations for a period of 24 hours after the end of the trip.
- You (the owner) are responsible for any parking-related citations or tow charges that may be incurred after this time.