Guests are required to follow the Parking Instructions noted in your car's profile when returning your vehicle at the end of a trip.
A car may be considered improperly returned under the following circumstances:
- Car is not parked legally for 24 hours after the end of the trip
- Car is parked blocking a driveway
- Failure to curb the wheels as required
- Loss of garage/parking card during a reservation
- Car lights are left on resulting in a dead battery
- Lock Box is not correctly secured, Radio Frequency (RF) key pouch is damaged or missing
- The car was not locked properly
- A street-parked car returned further than 0.25 linear miles from the listed home location.
In these situations, if the car was towed, received a parking citation, and/or inconvenience to the next guest you can request an improper return reimbursement.
It is the Host's responsibility to retrieve a car that has been improperly returned away from the Home Location. Getaround will not dispatch roadside assistance to bring the car back to the Home Location. If a vehicle has been returned more than 50 miles away, contact Getaround to advise us. We will still ask Hosts to assist in the retrieval of the vehicle but Getaround will investigate and review the issue.
In order to receive this reimbursement, you must submit documentation of the incident to Getaround, including photos and payment receipts when applicable. A $30 earnings adjustment may also be issued to compensate you for your time and effort to resolve the guest-incurred issue.