Guests are required to follow the Parking Instructions noted in your car's profile when returning your vehicle at the end of a trip.
A car may be considered improperly returned under the following circumstances:
- blocking a driveway
- failing to curb the wheels where required
- losing a garage or parking card
- leaving on lights or other electronics resulting in a dead battery that must be recharged
- failing to park the car at the home location (not in the reserved parking spot or parked outside the 0.25mi radius from the home location for street parked cars)
In these situations, you can request an improper return reimbursement.
It is the Host's responsibility to retrieve a car that has been improperly returned away from the Home Location. Getaround will not dispatch roadside assistance to bring the car back to the Home Location.
If a vehicle has been returned more than 50 miles away, contact Getaround for assistance. Getaround can send a tow service to recover the vehicle. We will still ask Hosts to assist in the retrieval of the vehicle but Getaround will investigate and review the issue.
In order to receive this reimbursement, you must submit documentation of the incident to Getaround, including photos and payment receipts when applicable. When needing to move a car, we ask that you take pictures and submit your request before moving the vehicle, as you would when filing a claim. A $30 earnings adjustment may also be issued to compensate you for your time and effort to resolve the guest-incurred issue.
Situations that do not constitute an improper return include but are not limited to:
- issues closing a lockbox,
- issues returning keys to RF pouches, and
- unlocked doors or hatches.