Think of your Getaround vehicle description as a mini-advertisement for your car: it's your chance to let Guests know what makes your car the best choice for their driving needs.
How to edit your car’s description
Please note that you can only edit your car’s description using the web app. The mobile app does not currently support description edits. To edit your car's description:
- Go to your car dashboard at www.getaround.com/host/cars.
- Select “Options” on the right-hand sidebar of the car you have chosen.
- Select “Manage” and tap on "Description"
Tips for writing a great car description
The best car descriptions are personal—they help the Guest get to know you and your car. Additionally, a carefully crafted, thoughtful car description will go a long way to influence your Guests to be responsible stewards for your vehicle.
Some things you may want to include in your car's description:
- Is your car 4WD or AWD?
- Does your car have in-car navigation or an infotainment system?
- Do you have a roof rack or bike rack that Guests can use?
- Is there a child seat in the vehicle?
- Is there a phone mount and a charging cable in the vehicle?
- Is the car equipped with first aid or emergency kit?
- Does your car have Bluetooth/AUX functionality or satellite radio?
If you have any special rules for your vehicle, your car’s description is the place to note them. Hosts should be aware that all new Getaround cars are by default not pet friendly, and you must check off “pet-friendly” on your car’s profile in order to opt-in as a pet-friendly vehicle.
It's important to note that the details in your car's description are public-facing and visible by all Getaround users, so please don't share any sensitive personal information in this section of your profile.
If you need, check out the listing profiles of cars in your area for more inspiration.