Once your car is listed on Getaround, you will be asked to provide Guests with any specific instructions for accessing and operating your car. Your Guests should be able to pick up and return your cars without needing to contact you or Getaround.
How to edit your car’s instructions
Please note that you can only edit your car’s instructions using a web browser. The mobile app does not currently support instruction edits. To edit your car's instructions:
- Go to your car dashboard at www.getaround.com/host/cars.
- Select “Options” on the right-hand sidebar of the car you have chosen.
- Select “Manage” and tap on "Location".
What to include in your car's instructions
Your car’s instructions will only be visible once a Guest has a confirmed trip in your vehicle. The purpose of these instructions is to make it quick and easy for Guests to find, access, and return your car. These details may include:
- Specific parking instructions, such as lockbox or parking lot gate codes, or valet info
- Recommendations on the best places to street-park in your neighborhood
- Street cleaning or municipal parking permit information
- Specific instructions for operating your car or car accessories (lowering a convertible roof, attaching a bicycle rack)
- Refueling instructions and the vehicle's recommended octane fuel
This is also a great place to note any specific requests or reminders you may have for your Guests. Adding a friendly note to your instructions helps to reiterate your expectations for Guests. Some suggestions include:
- Remind Guests to "curb the wheels" if your car's home location parking is on a steep incline
- Remind Guests to include photos of street cleaning signs or gas levels at the end of their trip
- Remind Guests about cleanliness and to check for their personal belongings at the end of a trip