If you share your car on Getaround and park your car on the street, you are responsible for acquiring, paying for, and renewing any parking permits required for your area.
If you have any questions or concerns about securing the right street permit for your area, contact your local transit authority. Please keep in mind that most transit authorities charge an annual fee, require proof of residency, and limit the number of permits per household.
We have provided a non-comprehensive list below as a quick starting point:
- San Francisco, CA: SFMTA
- Oakland, CA: City of Oakland
- Berkeley, CA: City of Berkeley
- Portland, OR: PBOT
- Chicago, IL: Office of the City Clerk
- Evanston, IL: City of Evanston
- Washington D.C.: DC DMV
- Arlington, VA: Arlington County Commissioner of Revenue
- Alexandria, VA: City of Alexandria
- Bethesda, MD: Montgomery County Department of Transportation
- Silver Spring, MD: Montgomery County Department of Transportation