Getaround is committed to fostering a courteous and responsible carsharing community. Our cancellation policies for owners and renters are designed with that goal in mind.
If you need to cancel a booked Getaround trip, the initiating party is responsible for paying any associated fees.
Our owner cancellation fees are used to cover the costs of rebooking the affected renter and are charged at Getaround’s sole discretion. The fee schedule for owners is as follows:
- If canceled more than 24 hours before the Trip starts: no fee.
- If canceled less than 24 hours before the Trip starts: $25.00
- If canceled less than 1 hour before the Trip starts: $50.00
- Canceled with no advance notice (No-Show): $100.00
- After a trip has started, it may not be canceled.
To avoid incurring cancellation fees, be proactive in managing your car’s calendar. You can block off time on your car’s calendar through your car’s profile.
Need to cancel a trip? We can help. Learn more here.