As an Owner sharing your car on Getaround, you are expected to provide a clean car for your renters. Renters are expected to return the car in the same (or better) condition than they found it.
At the start of each trip, Renters are prompted to inspect the car's interior and exterior and report any damage, cleanliness issues, or odor. As an Owner, you can review any photos submitted via the Trip page in the Getaround app.
If a Renter returns your car excessively dirty, take thorough photos to document the uncleanliness, and submit a report via our Help Center. Getaround Customer Happiness will review your report and make a determination of whether you're eligible for a cleaning reimbursement.
The following minor issues are considered typical and are not eligible for a cleaning reimbursement:
- Anything caused by typical driving behavior and weather, such as light dirt, water spots, and salt
- Small marks/scuffs that can be cleaned off easily
- Minor amounts of trash, such as a few candy wrappers or water bottles
- Small amounts of sand, dirt, or debris on floor mats that can be shaken off
The following issues may be eligible for a cleaning reimbursement (up to $45) at Getaround's discretion:
- Pet hair (unless you have opted to list your car as Pet Friendly)
- Significant mud on car wheels or body
- Excessive sand, food, dirt, or mud that can’t be shaken out and requires heavy vacuuming or steam cleaning
- Stains or sticky residue on hard surfaces (such as residue resulting from a spilled beverage)
- Excessive amounts of trash and/or personal items left in the car (such as a trunk full of items or a backseat full of trash)
All cars on Getaround are non-smoking. If a renter has smoked in your car, document the incident with photographs as thoroughly as possible, paying special attention to any ashes, cigarette butts, burn marks, and other visual evidence of smoking.
Smoking-related deep cleaning and odor removal may be reimbursable up to $300 with valid receipts at Getaround's discretion.
Receipts and Reimbursement
Requests for cleaning reimbursement will be reviewed by Getaround and are issued at Getaround's sole discretion. When you submit your reimbursement request, you must include:
- Photos thoroughly documenting the condition of your car
- A valid cleaning receipt issued by a valid, verifiable cleaning vendor
- Note that you may clean the car yourself, but if you do so you will not be eligible for any compensation or reimbursement.
- A detailed description including the last time that you inspected your car prior to discovering the mess
As an Owner, you are responsible for submitting clear, timely, and valid receipts from verifiable vendors serving the public in order to be eligible for any cleaning reimbursement. Submission of a receipt does not guarantee reimbursement of the expenses reflected on that receipt. If submitted receipts are discovered to be false, misleading, or otherwise modified, or if the frequency or amounts of reimbursements requested do not match the frequency or nature of the car's use on Getaround, reimbursement will be denied and access to the platform may be terminated in Getaround's sole discretion.