Before making your car available for rent on the Getaround platform, you are responsible for ensuring that your car always meets the safety standards outlined below. If your car does not meet these safety standards, please make sure to perform any required maintenance or repairs before sharing your car. Your Local Getaround representative will also address any mandatory vehicle inspections that are required by State legislature during the on-boarding process.
Safety Inspection Checklist:
- Seat Belt Inspection: properly retracts and latches on all seats
- Headlight Inspection: Normal operation for both lights
- Turn Signal Inspection: Normal operation for both lights
- Tire Inspection: Tires match and tread is greater than 3/32"
- Windshield Inspection: Glass free of chips and cracks larger than 2"
- Power Door Lock Inspection: Must have power door locks installed in the front driver’s side and front passenger side doors.
- Horn Function Test: Horn must be functional
- Maintenance Light Inspection: Car must be free of Check Engine Light
- Damage Inspection: Car must be free of excessive interior and/or exterior damage