What is Getaround doing to ensure that cars I rent are safe from COVID-19?
Getaround was founded on the concept of community, and as the coronavirus begins to impact the neighborhoods and cities we serve, we wanted to outline the steps we are taking, as well as some steps you can take, to keep the people around you safe at this time.
- Updated sanitation practices. We have circulated new hygiene and cleanliness protocols for all staff who interact with Getaround cars on a regular basis.
- Vehicle quarantine protocols. We have established new processes to ensure that, if we are informed a car has been in contact with coronavirus, the vehicle will be deactivated, quarantined, and cleaned before being returned to service.
- Waiving cancellation fees. If you are sick and need to stay home, let us know and we will waive any applicable cancellation fees.
Our team will continue to monitor the latest alerts and advisories in the cities we serve to ensure we are taking the appropriate precautions as the situation continues to develop.
What should I do to help prevent the spread of COVID-19
As many are looking for alternatives to mass transit at this time, we also want to share some basic health and safety precautions to keep in mind when sharing cars in your community:
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces. Consider bringing hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes with you for your Getaround trip.
- Cover your cough and dispose of tissues. To prevent the spread of viruses, be sure to cover your cough and dispose of any used tissues or trash at the end of your trip.
- Stay home if you are sick. We urge all members of our community to stay home if feeling ill. If you have an upcoming reservation, you can cancel your trip via the app or by reaching out to customer support.