During this uncertain period, we are closely monitoring updates from the authorities in the markets we are serve and adapting our service in line with their recommendations. We will keep this article up to date for any policy updates affecting our hosts during this time.
What is Getaround doing to ensure that my cars are kept safe from COVID-19?
Getaround was founded on the concept of community, and as the coronavirus begins to impact the neighborhoods and cities we serve, we wanted to outline the steps we are taking, as well as some steps you can take, to keep the people around you safe at this time.
- Updated sanitation practices. We have circulated new hygiene and cleanliness protocols for all staff who interact with Getaround cars on a regular basis.
- Vehicle quarantine protocols. We have established new processes to ensure that, if we are informed a car has been in contact with coronavirus, the vehicle will be deactivated, quarantined, and sanitized before being returned to service.
- Waiving cancellation fees. We understand that plans may change quickly in the case of a COVID related illness or positive test. We will be waiving any cancellation fees for trips cancelled due to a COVID related illness or test.
Our team will continue to monitor the latest alerts and advisories in the cities we serve to ensure we are taking the appropriate precautions as the situation continues to develop.
What should I do to help prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces. Give your car a wipe down with disinfectant before and after personal use. We have asked guests to do the same.
- Cover your cough and dispose of tissues. To help avoid the spread of viruses, be sure to cover your cough and dispose of any used tissues or trash in the before making it available for Getaround rentals.
- Follow all local health advisories. Each community will be impacted in different ways by the coronavirus, please follow the advisories of local health authorities to help keep yourself and your community safe.