Getaround is teaming up with vehicle owners to provide discounted transportation options for front-line healthcare workers during the COVID-19 epidemic.
Getaround and participating vehicle owners will waive their trip earnings to provide healthcare workers with affordable access to reliable transportation during this time. Owners can volunteer to participate by enrolling vehicles here.
Eligible vehicles will be marked on the platform with a white cross (example below):
How it works for vehicle owners
- If you’d like to make any of your car(s) available to healthcare workers in your community, fill out the enrollment form.
- A badge will be added to your car profile, indicating that your car is available for your community's healthcare workers at a discounted rate. Note: We recommend you also update your vehicle listing description to reflect participation in the program.
- Getaround and participating owners will waive their trip earnings, allowing healthcare workers to pay a deeply discounted trip price to cover insurance for both the owner and renter during the trip.
- Any additional fees and incidentals (mileage overages, improper returns, fuel penalties) will be billed to the renter and reimbursed to the owner based on our standard fee policies.
- As will all trips booked during this time, both owners and renters are being asked to help protect themselves and those around them by following some basic health and hygiene guidelines when sharing cars.
Participation is voluntary and owners may withdraw their vehicle at any time by contacting customer service via the Owner Help tools in the Getaround app.