What is it covering?
Getaround’s claim admin fee supports the claim process in its entirety. This means supporting claim expenses such as:
- Our 24/7 claims team
- Procuring and investing in best-in-class tools and resources
- Appraisals and related valuation expenses
- Other miscellaneous expenses for resolving claims
All of these investments are done in the spirit of increasing the accuracy and speed of our claim processing for all owners and renters.
What does it apply to?
The claim admin fee only applies to owner reported claims. Any claims reported by renters or involving a third party car accident is exempt from the claim admin fee.
Claim admin fee does not apply if...
- Scenario 1: A renter scratches a car while parking. The renter files a claim report to the Owner and/or to Getaround to begin the claim process.
- Scenario 2: A renter is in an accident with a third party and does not report it to Getaround or to the owner. The third party files a claim report after the fact.
Claim admin fee does apply if…
- Scenario 1: An owner notices a new scratch and is unsure if it is pre-existing or wear and tear. The owner submits a claim to initiate an investigation.
- Scenario 2: An owner notices minor damage but is unsure if it occurred during a Getaround trip. After reviewing renter inspection reports, the owner cannot identify the renter responsible, and damage is documented on trip reporting photos past the reporting window as defined by Getaround Terms. The owner submits a claim to initiate an investigation.
Why introduce this fee?
To date, Getaround has provided coverage from the first dollar of a claim. This is not standard in personal auto policies nor is it standard for our industry. As a growing business, we have introduced this fee to better align with industry policies. Getaround is exploring ways we can procure more competitive insurance coverage and extend those benefits to our owners. This will continue to be a major focus for our business.