What does it cover?
Getaround’s claim admin fee supports the claim process in its entirety. This means supporting claim expenses such as:
- Our 24/7 claims team
- Procuring and investing in best-in-class tools and resources
- Appraisals and related valuation expenses
- Other miscellaneous expenses for resolving claims
All of these investments are done in the spirit of increasing the accuracy and speed of our claim processing for all hosts and guests.
When does it apply?
- A host reports a claim
- There is damage to the host's vehicle only
- There is NO other person, vehicle, or property (third party) involved
Claim admin fee does not apply if...
- Scenario 1: A guest scratches a car while parking. The guest files a claim report to the host and/or to Getaround to begin the claim process.
- Scenario 2: A guest is in an accident with a third party and does not report it to Getaround or to the host. The third party files a claim report after the fact.
Claim admin fee does apply if…
- Scenario 1: A host notices a new scratch and is unsure if it is pre-existing or wear and tear. The host submits a claim to initiate an investigation.
- Scenario 2: A host notices minor damage but is unsure if it occurred during a Getaround trip. After reviewing guest inspection reports, the host cannot identify the guest responsible, and damage is documented on trip reporting photos past the reporting window as defined by Getaround Terms. The host submits a claim to initiate an investigation.
Why introduce this fee?
To date, Getaround has provided coverage from the first dollar of a claim. This is not standard in personal auto policies nor is it standard for our industry. As a growing business, we have introduced this fee to better align with industry policies. Getaround is exploring ways we can procure more competitive insurance coverage and extend those benefits to our hosts. This will continue to be a major focus for our business.