To promote the businesses of hosts sharing vehicles in Hawaii, Getaround has implemented an alternative structure solely for vehicles shared in Hawaii that incentivizes a higher level of new host engagement. This structure is outlined below and can be read in full detail here:
- Getaround’s commission with respect to Hosts with Hawaii Shared Vehicles is 25% of the initial reservation price and any trip extensions (as compared to 40% in all other states as defined in the Fee and Commission Schedule).
- The additional host compensation is dispersed in a lump sum monthly based on trips completed per car.
- This additional compensation will not be viewable mid-month before it is calculated and dispersed.
Claims & Insurance
- In order to facilitate higher host earnings, Hawaii Shared Vehicle claims will have a $1,650 deductible applied to all claims for damages to the Hawaii Shared Vehicle.
- Example: A Hawaii Shared Vehicle host makes a claim for damages to their vehicle. The damages are determined to be $3000. The ultimate payment to the Hawaii Shared Vehicle Host will be $3000 less $1650 deductible, or $1350.
- All other claims and insurance policy terms and procedures still apply.
- Throughout the promotion, Hawaii Shared Vehicle owners with more than one vehicle shared with Getaround in Hawaii receive the additional benefit of a waived Getaround Connect® installation fee ($99).
- Throughout the promotion, all Hawaii Shared Vehicle owners are exempt from the $20 monthly Getaround Connect® fee